Contemporary environmental health services by promoting and protecting public health and safety through collaboration innovation and strategic standard enforcement. 

Food Handlers' Certificate

Food handlers or food vendors medical is compulsory. 

Note: This process takes two (2) weeks to complete and only medically fit clients will be issued with the food handler’s card. 

Hospitality Premises

  • Standard enforcement
  • Safety
  • Health impact
  • Sanitation
  • Pest control
  • Environmental and health impact control

Industrial premises

  • Standard and environmental monitoring
  • Prevent and control pollution
  • Health and safety
  • Environmental monitoring

Disinfection & Disinfestation

Application letter addressed to the Mun Health Officer

Destruction of Unwholesome Items

Application letter addressed to the Mun Health Officer specifying the item to be destroyed and quantity. 

Suitability Health Certificates

Client should visit the Environmental Health Unit.

The Unit is in the same building with the Works Department.


Environmental Monitoring Control

  • Noise nuisance
  • Smoke nuisance
  • Dust nuisance

Complaint of noise nuisance should be made at the Environmental Health Unit

A letter indicating the area, the address and signature of the affected persons should be added as a supporting document. 

Grave Space Acquisition

All burials in the Municipality must first pass through the EHU, after obtaining burial permit from Births and Deaths Department. Whether at a public, private or a family cometary.

To obtain a grave space you will need the medical cause of death from an approved health institution.


One would need;

  • Application letter addressed to the MEHO
  • Court order (From a Higher Court)
  • Copy of burial permit
  • Death certificate
  • Cause of death
  • Identification of the disease person
  • Identification of grave or burial place
  • Payment is made through the approved payment systems in accordance with the gazetted fee.

Pauper Burial / Unclaimed Bodies

One would need;

  • Police (Coroner’s certificate from court)
  • Letter from Police or verbal complain to the MEHO

Note: All pauper cases should be reported to the police.


Mass Burial

Application letter addressed to the MEHO

Downloadable Departments & Forms